Purpose of Asia Pacific NGO CSW
The purpose of the Asia Pacific NGO CSW committee is :
- To provide a forum for the exchange of information and for substantive discussion on issues and policies related to women under UN consideration and other relevant women-related studies and programs in the specific context of Asia and the Pacific;
- To assist the international community in implementing the Beijing Platform for Action and the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women, and decisions reached at subsequent major United Nations conferences as they relate to the advancement of women in Asia and the Pacific;
- To facilitate cooperation among its member organizations, in areas of mutual interest, in the exercise of the consultative function and in activities supportive of women-related United Nations objectives from the perspective of Asia and the Pacific;
- To continue to work with the United Nations and its Commission on the Status of Women, UN Women, UN ESCAP and other appropriate bodies and agencies within the United Nations system in as far as these relate to Asia and the Pacific;
- To work to mainstream a gender perspective in the context of Asia and the Pacific throughout the UN system.