Download 2018 CSW 62 APNGO Caucus Statement PDF
Asia Pacific and Asia Pacific Women’s Watch (APWW) Joint DRAFT Statement to CSW62 Session
Rural women are left behind in development and modern technology including ICT and due to this, they are not equipped with necessary skills to face changing world of work in this E -era.
Rural women are marginalized furthered by IT world as they lack access and opportunity that promotes the empowerment of rural women. Possibilities of emerging opportunities should include such as ICT, technologies and entrepreneurship opportunities targeted at rural women
in our region.
Across the Asia and Pacific Region it is essential to develop strong and sound policies and enforceable legislation for the promotion of gender equality and the empowerment of all women and girls at all levels.
We women from the Asia and Pacific Region call on for governments, the private sector and civil society to
- Provide policy service and support to increase women’s resilience from disaster, such as earthquake, flood, tsunami
- Provide accountability for allocations of budgets for rural women’s needs. Accountability for rural and to rural women needs new accountability designs with substantial participation of rural women themselves. Rural women must be engaged in accountability processes also as data verifiers.
- Create enabling environments both legally and practically in order to stress the importance to have legal framework to support rural women’s property rights for increased control and ownership of assets by rural women, improve nutritional and water security and health, specifically of rural women
- Protect rural and indigenous women’s legal rights in property distribution, marriage and reproductive health, political participation and other fields, and enabling women with equal opportunities for education, employment, property income and financial resources as well as providing abundant services.
- Undertake gender budgeting and increase budget allocation for rural women’s economic empowerment at all levels.
- Scale up and speed up effective strategies to support rural women’s involvement in small business and supporting women entrepreneurs and Increase strategies to support economic security for women in rural areas.
- Support strategies to increase women’s economic empowerment in disaster and conflict affected areas.
- • Undertake a high level of accountability, and work with national and local rural feminist organisations to ensure effective measurement of women’s economic empowerment